This unique Highland Springs program offers evidence-based services designed to improve self image, relationships, and decrease mood swings.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy is an integrated treatment approach combining weekly individual psychotherapy sessions, weekly group psychotherapy sessions, and phone consultation. It combines cognitive behavioral therapy techniques with concepts borrowed from Eastern spirituality. The success of a DBT treatment program depends on a strong working relationship between client and therapist.
• Intense, uncontrollable emotional overwhelm
• Persistent depressive mood and radical mood swings
• Patterns of self inflicted injury and high risk, self destructive behaviors
• Thoughts of suicide or lethal suicidal attempts
• Chronic anxieties and fears
• Difficulties in interpersonal relationships at home, at work, or in society
• Being misunderstood, misinterpreted, or being unfairly or maliciously treated by others
• A sense of emptiness, dread, and foreboding
• Uncertainties about who you are as a person and your purpose in life
• Profound fears of neglect and abandonment by significant others
• Dissociative experiences and fugue states